Do you enjoy being outdoors, and helping people? If so, we want to hear from you!
Geobunga offers Hawaii’s largest selection of outdoor hardscapes such as pottery, pebbles, pavers, and fountains. We also offer a great selection of plants, including aquatics, palms, and natives!
Geobunga is looking for full-time and part-time sales associate for our Salt Lake location. Geobunga offers competitive pay, the opportunity for advancement, 401k, paid time off, a generous employee discount, and much more! Please read more about this opportunity below and email your resume or work history to us today!
Position Title: Geobunga Sales Associate
Supervised By: Site Manager
Primary Purpose: This position directly assists the team with Sales at Geobunga. Essential
- Utilize selling techniques with walk-in/retail and wholesale customers to make the most out of each sale
- Maintain merchandising standards on the selling floor. Load customers’ purchases safely and efficiently using a forklift or hand-loading truck
- Provide feedback on and assist with developing Geobunga displays that will help maximize sales
- Water, prune, rotate, and care for plants and their respective displays
- Cash control and register procedures. Meet the standard for interaction with all customers by being polite, courteous, professional, and providing service with a smile.
- Ensure daily safety and cleanliness of Geobunga, and assist in training coworkers and clients to navigate the facility safely
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Work requires excellent customer service skills and an excellent command of the English language
- Experience with basic computer software, Microsoft Office programs, and POS registers preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Work requires continual attention to detail and establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
Other Essential Functions:
- Attend professional development seminars and trainings, as scheduled.
- Be present for and participate in all company meetings, unless otherwise excused by management
- Communicate with fellow coworkers (sales associates, warehouse, administration, etc. at all locations) to ensure a positive work environment and excellent customer service
- Follow guidelines/procedures outlined via company handbook, verbal communication, email, handouts, etc.
Working Conditions: Outdoors in all types of weather.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and able to freely access all areas of the facility.
Work Hours: Must be available Saturday and Sunday and some holidays.
Key Attitudes: Integrity, friendliness, willingness to help clients and coworkers, solution-oriented, positive attitude, a team player, regular and consistent attendance.
Experience: Sales and/or customer service experience.